วันศุกร์ที่ 12 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2555

I attached this to the back of a Toyota Matrix.

I attached this to the back of a Toyota Matrix. Easy to setup. My first trip I took 2 bikes to the jersey shore, about 70 miles each way. Kept one eye in the rear view mirror the whole way down, "just in case" - of course, what would I do if a bike went flying off at 70 mph on the GSP? (speed up?). Anyway, no worries. The rack performed as well as its expensive cousins. One thing, I did add a couple of bungee cords, although I don't think they were necessary... I just drove from Dover, DE to Biloxi, MS and back while using this bike rack for my road bike. I have a 2010 Mitsubishi Endeavor (SUV). It worked great and I didn't have any problems. Once you put it on and take it off once or twice, it becomes very easy to do. It literally takes me about two minutes to put the rack on the car. I used bungee cords to secure the pedals and front wheel from turning and I used electrical tape to tape the excess straps. Afterwards, I don't see any problems or scuffs on my bike or the car. So I'm please with the bike rack and recommend it. The two-bike rack works fine with one bike, mine, on my Hyundai sedan.When I load my girlfriend's bike, the bottom roll bar moves and we can't trust the rack will hold the bikes securely for road trips.However, the rack works like a charm on my girlfriend's car, a Toyota convertable. It was reasonable priced, fit well on our car (1997 Toyota Corolla), has held up for at least a year now. We've accidentally taken it through an automated car wash, and it still survived! The fabric straps are pretty good at tying down, as compared to bike racks we've had in the past with plastic latches. Overall the product has satisfied our needs. I was a little worried about the rack being flimsy, hard to mount, or damaging the car or the bikes, but it happened to be very sturdy, well designed, and safe. In no time, I had our two bikes on there, attached to the back of our sedan, cruising on the highway solidly attached. I appreciate that Allen tried to put an economical bike rack out there, but at the end of the day it just seems that cutting costs on a device that holds your valuable bike(s) and affects both your safety and that of the drivers around you is just not a great idea.Bottom line: this rack relies on you to tie knots in the straps to hold the anchors in place. This is per the instruction manual. Without tying knots, the buckles WILL slip. I barely made it 5 miles before having to adjust the rack as it shifted, and I wouldn't even dream of ever riding on the highway with this thing. I am returning it immediately, as I don't feel that asking me to tie a knot after the buckle is acceptable for this type of device. My recommendation is to spend a few more bucks and get something that holds securely on its own. HelloI purchased this product and had a horrible experience...Although it seems relatively simple to put together and install, that fact is that the installation can also be painful. The instructions supplied do not warn against injury and are not specific enough.In brief, 3 of my fingers became stuck in between 2 of the metal poles and I was unable to get them out for 2-3 minutes. The pain I experienced was unbearable. It was as if getting your hand stuck in a car door and being unable to get them out!! I was actually tearing while trying to pry my fingers out! Please be careful!I called the vendor, Highland products group and was met with rudeness and sarcasm by their customer service agent. The agent actually asked me "...well, did you get your fingers out?" I left a message for her supervisor and did not return a call back 24 hrs later. The manufacturer has not returned my call either.If I had any visible injuries, I would easily file a lawsuit.And throughout this entire process, all Amazon has to offer is "...sir, would you like for us to send you a return label...?" Thanks a million Amazon! I have the 2010 model--this is perfect, take my mountain bikes over some seriously bumpy hills and daels. Straps don't seem to loose tension in sun nor rain. The Allen Delux 2-Bike Trunk Mount is probably one of the best items I have ever purchased. It brought my mobility to a whole new level. Have you ever found yourself parking your car and wishing that you had a bike because walking is just a huge pain? The Allen Delux 2-Bike Trunk Mount fixes all of that. In seconds your bike will be piggybacking a ride everywhere you go. I was concerned when receiving this and finding on the box that it "does not fit" my Honda Accord. I contacted Allen's customer service and their reply was "While the rack will fit the Accord really well, we have found that on some Accords the trunk hinges can be very weak. According to Honda, the hinges are only rated for 50 LB, and in some cases we have seen where the trunk can pull back from the vehicle if the rack is overloaded." I only needed to carry one bike (weight=28 lbs), so I kept the rack and used it without problems. It was relatively easy to set up and it worked well. louis garneau glaze jersey long terry 201213 womens coolweather petite lazer cityzen helmet blue plaid shaun white supply co 20 fizik antares carbon braided road easton deltaforce alu bullhorn handlebar thule fit kit for 400xt spank spike platform pedals orange hollywood racks hr410 road runner 3t arx team 90mm 73d sram pg 1070 10spd 12 lupine lighting charger one k2 base sport full suspension fsa platinum pro 68x108mm isis pure fix cycles quebec fixed terry 201213 womens bella short assos 2012 mens h fi bamf bikes assassin track bike kinetic rock roll trainer with backroller classic design bluelight blue kenda k270 rear tire 5 michelin pilot road 3 rear rockgardn fate glove black xl serfas cosmos bicycle saddle micargi rover 7 speed 26 adidas outdoor boat cc lace ibex mens woolies zip t cycling bicycle bike comfortable outdoor tsg 12 evolution wakeboard speical sigma rox 9 1 pika packworks eep standard bike eclipse super ultralight 26 x mavic e skewer sensor 2 bike folding hitch bicycle ritchey wcs matrix 4axis 90mm micargi hero 20 boys kids velocity dyad 700c 48h silver ortlieb front roller city front alton 7 speed mens roadman metzeler lasertec bias sport touring nokon road shift or brake cavalo veloce road helmet gloss endura coolmax printed wales short pearl izumi womens ltd mtb primal wear mens terrapin rye louis garneau womens equipe cycling gravity gap seatpost 27 2 snafu mtb handle bar green mrp g2 minig2 backplate bb connect cycles boys bike 16 metzeler tourance front tire 10090h ergon grip gx series bicycle vuelta pista track 700c sram xg1080 11 36t 10 2006 2008 chevy impalamonte carlo campagnolo hub cone hb re022 kask k31 crono helmet black ncaa oregon ducks mountain bike hincapie sportswear equipe short womens usa pride team cycling jersey schwalbe ultremo r 1 tire sugoi velocity ii tri tank kent girls 24 inch rockcandy selle smp pro saddle white notubes rear wheel 29er ztr capo pursuit wind jacket mens assos fi mille_s5 bibshort w kali durgana helmet grey size alpinestars drop jersey long sleeve bell variant bike helmet matte wtb dissent mountain bike tire descente womens cycling bliss splice pearl izumi womens beakay vest eighthinch julian v2 48 fixed arc flex clutch lever cl fizik tundra 2 braided saddle cane creek cloud 9 rear continental tkc 80 twinduro dual polaris sportsman womens comfort bike shimano mx30 pedal rockshox monarch rt3 rear air louis garneau 201213 mens futura world jerseys mens formaggio retro profile cobrawing 42cm tt bar ncaa unisex adult north carolina pearl izumi mens bellinger vestojxx bushwhacker cimmaron black bike pannier thomson elite setback bicycle seatpost wheel set front and rear bikestar 25 4cm 10 inch kettler 8852 600 kiddi o feedback sports portable clothing display tektro draco front hydraulic disc toba roger randonneur frame mounted kokatat womens gore tex paclite syntace aluminum p6 31 6 state bicycle co black w endura hummvee jersey short sleeve alpinestars alps kevlar elbow guard profile design altair 80 full

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น