วันศุกร์ที่ 12 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2555

I like the helmet, but it is not a Giro Gila.

I like the helmet, but it is not a Giro Gila. The visor is a little too short. It also could use a few more vents. I would recommend this item, but be aware of it's short comings. I couldn't be happier about the helmet and how expeditiously it arrived. Thumbs up! ...they say lightening never strikes twice in the same place. I know this is a fallacy that has been disproved in reality. I've personally seen it strike twice or more in the same place. So I don't like to take chances.You're no doubt wondering what she's babbling about, since we all know this helmet is NOT going to protect you from lightening right?Over twenty years ago I came up off a bike and came down on my head. (That just explains everything about this review now doesn't it?) I managed to get away with a head full of stitches a badly wrenched back and otherwise no major damage. Life got in the way of my riding and I got off a bike for more than twenty years.So now, finally getting back on a bike, I'm taking things a bit more seriously and not wanting to take unnecessary chances, I started looking into helmets. I'm a big girl (one of the reasons for getting back on a bike) and have a large head. So a helmet that fits comfortably was vital. Being an avid reader and research nut I wanted to make the right choices, so I read ALL the reviews here (thanks everyone, you're awesome!) and decided this was the helmet for me to start with.Now I've not crashed yet, and have no plans to do so, but I am wearing my new helmet. It was easily adjusted to fit my head comfortably, and within moments of riding with it on, I forgot it was there. The airflow is great, I thought this was going to make me sweat more, going to be hot and unpleasant. But it's not.It's light, comfortable, has good airflow and frankly, the sweat pads inside the helmet do a wonderful job of keeping the sweat out of my eyes. One of the other concerns I had was how it looked, or would look. I've never been big on hats to start with and thought I'd look and feel like a dork with this giant thing on my head. Looking like a dork was as much a function of the lines of the helmet as my own internal issues, and in terms of looks it's a good looking helmet. As to feeling like a dork, riding around for a while where everyone else was wearing proper head cover and I wasn't? Well that made me feel like a dork.So it's a comfortable, cool, good looking, adjustable helmet that is CPSC rated, and more important all the reviews have been great, so how can you go wrong right? And it's affordable, which in this economy is a really good thing. God willing I'll never have to update this review with how it saved my head, cause I really don't want to find out how good it is the hard way. But it's better to be safe than sorry right? Easy to use, reasonably priced. My only compaint is that the chin strap seems to be twisted. I thought at first I just needed to untangle it, but it seems to be a design flaw. There is no way to straighten the strap out where it would lay on against your head. Though i prefer the helmet that covers the whole head,but this one gets the job done at least,for biking.Its light and fits right.Also i dont get the problem of the belt that others are complaining. It seems to be an expensive price, but that isn't due to Amazon or the dealer - helmets are just overpriced. It shipped fast, and is exactly as ordered. I use it 3/4 times a week. For a while now.It protected my head after many, too many falls.It doesn't look odd.Comfortable fit, lightweight, and great value.Highly recommended. Bought two of these helmets. Excellent value and product. Very happy with what I received. Comfortable fit, lightweight, and great value. Highly recommended. A must accessory for any biker/rider, from weekender to the serious rider. I like this helmet, however when I recieved it the straps were in wrong and my husband had to totally take the strap out and put it back in the right way. This was somewhat time consuming and I am glad he knew how to do this. I would not have been able to figure it out. Other than that the helmet seems comfortable and otherwise no problems. Giro is made by Bell and is a nicely constructed product, but, adjusting the rock-lock strap system is a pain. It would be easier if it were more like the "Specialized" system. The way the straps come together below the ears on their one-size-fits-all helmets took a lot of adjustment in my case. At first, the straps were uncomfortable. After all of the adjustment, they were okay. The helmet will do the job. The visor was was also crooked slightly, but that turned out to be easily corrected.Buy one of the more expensive Giro helmets if you want a much better fit without as much effort adjusting the straps. maloja anderlm jacket mens granat racktime fold it rear bike hutchinson fusion 3 700x 23c hydrapak reyes hydration pack charcoal shimano pd r670 spd sl dahon espresso bike white industries eno single speed rohloff disk speedhub qr 32h fsa sl k carbon 18mm castelli leggero jacket mens black sram x 5 gxp 2x10 skirt sports womens skirt breaker world jerseys mens canada cycling do have tickets to the kidarooz 535 2 in 1 mobo triton pro red the terry 201213 womens echelon bicycling mongoose detour full suspension bicycle answer protaper am 1 rise velogrip vertical bike storage rack loaded xlite 400mm length seatpost race face atlas mountain bike zipp tangente tubular road tire canari cyclewear mens ireland short pearl izumi pro ltd bib topeak pannier dry bag dx colorado short sleeve cycling jersey giordana formared carbon short sleeve campagnolo veloce ultra drive 9 louis garneau 201213 mens electra castelli 2012 iride seamless long torker lx 20 inch montague swissbike x50 18 mountain wheel master alloy cruiser wheel truvativ 780 20 rise 31 summit heavy duty unicycle 24 fsa sl k stem 90mm gore bike wear mens oxygen sti tech 4 mx atv megasoft mens recreational gel plus sun flat top extreme dx garmin edge 800 gpshrm with elite race workstand shimano fc 7800 dura ace tour de france prologue elite rhino rack black sportz bars shaun white supply co 20 industrial bicycle 300 lb capacity cycling bicycle bike comfortable outdoor giordana silverline jersey long sleeve diamondback 2012 venom am bmx louis garneau 201213 mens cfs adrenaline promotions california cycling jerseylarge cycling bicycle bike comfortable outdoor us marines dress blues cycling assos 2012 womens cycling summergloves pearl izumi mens slice thermafleece castelli 2012 mens leggero cycling avenir womens 300 series road campagnolo comp 10 speed rear schwinn le tour elite road ritchey pro biomax white cars 16 inch boys bmx shimano st 7800 dura ace micro beer jerseys mens black k edge braze on adapter 8 inch of folding bike abus bordo key 6000 bicycle orange safety flag pack of 48v 500w 26 inch front 3 bike rack vertical locking easton 2012 ea90 aero front light and motion stella 600 campagnolo record 11 speed chain tektro auriga pro rear 160mm dt swiss revolution 2 01 protaper evo handlebar pastrana mxrm nutcase mellow swirl matte bike ritchey wcs c260 stem carbon sram tt 990 aero brake tacx real life interactive wide shimano fc m960 xtr chainring thule 821xt locking low rider mavic sprint relax full zip ravx pace stem carbon fiber wellgo b 137 b137b pedals louis garneau 201213 womens geminix look keo blade carbon ti onguard 5018 beast 180 cm adrenaline promotions navy midshipmen cycling minoura ft 1 combo wheel pacenti cycles neo moto 27 limar 909 road helmet lgxl paceline chamois buttr 8 oz maxxis maxxlite 26 x 2 sram rear derailleur red black kawasaki versys 1000 2012 z1000 womens tahiti orange capo riserva thermal jacket black hincapie sportswear arenberg bib tight

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น