วันศุกร์ที่ 12 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Wanted a simple, inexpensive carrier for one or two bikes and this fits the bill.

Wanted a simple, inexpensive carrier for one or two bikes and this fits the bill. Used it many times and it hasn't damage my car yet. I don't known if I'd trust it carrying two bike cross-country, but it works well for my several mile jaunt back and forth to my favorite trails. Love it! Its easy to setup and easy to take down. Stays in place and perfect for traveling short and long distances with my bike. Folds up! Minimalists like me will love it. I purchased the Allen Deluxe 2-Bike rack for my sedan about two months ago, and I've used it on multiple occasions and 5+ hour drives. The bike rack is really secure, and I had no worry that the bikes were going to fall off. However, several of the foam pads have broken off. Also, on one occasion the bike closest to the car managed to get under the lower bar and scratched my bumper up pretty badly. Unfortunately it was a long drive, so I didn't notice that it was touching until a few hours later. It's definitely a good bike rack for the price, but be careful with how you position the bikes and watch for breaking foam padding. Allen Deluxe 2-bike Trunk Mount Rack is a good quality product at a great price. I checked out other bike racks of similar quality which were priced at least $20.00 or more dollars higher. My daughter used bike rack to transport her bike to college 2 1/2 hours away. She traveled on a highway at speeds of 70 plus miles per hour. The bike stayed put through the whole trip. We are very satisfied! I have no problem with the rack itself but it was quite difficult to fit the arms into the slots . . . and taking them out again, for storage was no dream either. We ended up having to use foot pressure to both insert and "uninsert" the arms from the slots. I am using this bike rack on a 2000 Buick Lasabre. It works very well. The rack is easy to adjust to fit the car and holds our bikes securely. We have to transport our bikes about 15 miles to get to a bike riding area, and have had no problems with the rack. It has a nice compact design so you can take it off the car and it fits easily in the truck. For someone wanting a 2 bike carrier I would highly recommend this one. I bought this rack after reading several reviews on amazon and thanks to the advice and personal accounts of other users, the rack worked perfectly for me. I used this rack to move my bike all the way from California to Colorado and it went very well. If you purchase this bike rack and you have a female bike you will need to buy the allen bike cross-bar adapter so that the bike will sit correctly into the rack. Also note that you will also need to buy some bungee cords to tie the bike down. I used probably 6 different bungee cords to tie my bike down to prevent the front wheel from moving and scratching my car. I was able to drive with this bike rack and bike from CA to CO at speeds of over 90 mph and the bike barely budged. I only had one time towards the end of my drive where I was on a very very bumpy road and I was driving a little too fast and the cross-bar adapter slipped off my bike, but the bike was still attached to the bike rack. I was really very pleasantly surprised that at $40 bike rack helped me transport my bike for a 16 hour drive at fast speeds, so if you are looking for a bike rack to use around town, I am confident to say that this bike rack will work well for you, but keep in mind you will probably need some bungee cords to tie the front wheel down. The only downside was some of the paint on the inside of my trunk was scraped off where the hook to the rack went, but I really believe that this only happened because I was driving a far distance very fast and because the cross-bar adapter had come undone, otherwise I the rack shouldn't do any major damage to a car. I use this carrier on my 2004 Chevy Classic/Malibu to carry my Raleigh Talus 2.0 and a Trek 850. Setup is quite easy, just three straps. My car does not have a metal area under the bumper to hook the downstrap to so I just use the alternative method where the stap is placed over the two support beams and then clipped to the bottom of the trunk.I have heard people having issues with straps loosening up, damage to their vehicles ..ect but I have not experienced any of this. There have been no marks from the rack on the car and the straps didn't get loose on me either. However, I do use a bungee to secure the front wheel and another one around the pedal and around the bottom supports of the rack to keep the bikes from swaying. However, the bikes will not come out of the rack and the rack will not loosen up if installed properly. Arrived promptly and undamaged. Mounted on Pontiac Vibe and Honda Odyssey without problems. Have two women's bikes and they DO NOT mount easily on the rack. The bikes when mounted are in very odd positions due to the fact the women's bikes do not have the horizontal bar found on men's bikes. Requires the use of additional tiedowns to keep the bikes stable. No long trips taken to date but I am concerned about stability overtime on the road. Probably very good rack for men's bikes not so good for womens. I think that this rack is pretty good to work. I just wish it came with 2 more straps for the sides to secure to the trunk. It holds the bikes great but it sways a little to much at times for me. race face next sl 30 selle italia slc gel flow identiti rebate 1420 26 fork poc spine vpd tee white bikestar 25 4cm 10 inch cycling bicycle bike comfortable outdoor sugoi womens piston 2 tri catlike whisper plus deluxe helmet canari cyclewear mens southwest short campagnolo 2012 super record 11 icebreaker mens short sleeve circuit womens johnny loco dakota 3 trail tech vapor computer kit trp eurox adjust canti brake crank brothers pedals candy 11 dmr revolver front 20mm disc diamondback 2013 mens wildwood classic detours handlebar bicycle bag continental special class 165 skinwall thule 1669 fit kit for stans notubes ztr arch ex cannondale metro jacket black xxxl49 pake track fork 1 threadless minoura fork mount bridge fits saris thelma avid code r front disc dahon espresso 20large folding bike montague crosstown pavement bike 21 look keo classic pedals grey kreitler 2 25in complete roller wheel master weinmann lp18 wheel ravx xrd alloy stem 110 sram x 9 12 x 2xu mens thermal cycle bib rhino rack sunseeker side awning mens pantera 7 speed beach fsa slk mtb carbon pro bed rider sombrio lowline ii epik short metzeler me 880 marathon touring castelli wool long sleeve base bell 1000903 boys bike helmet dynamic runabout city 8 hybrid evs sports r4 neck support cep mens compression cycle bib sugoi womens hydrolite jacketwhitesmokemedium diamondback womens 2012 airen 4 twin six cat 6 jersey race face atlas fr crank sugoi rs zero womens tights mrp mini g2 steel 32 pedros 14 pro torque wrench dainese dainese knee guard pro origin8 pro hide leather locking master pull 14 x 50 shimano 550 fc r550 175mm avon air cushioned grips chrome abus locks chain 1010 key origin8 square top track single thule fit kit for 400xt formaggio 1968 retro retro cycling alpinestars gravity shorts blue marineviolet hydrapak soquel hydration pack grayred gore bike wear mens tool easton ea50 mtb riser handlebar giordana 2012 mens silverline cycling shimano fc r450 crankset silver shimano dura ace shiftbrake lever nirve mens wilshire 3 speed detours hill bicycle bag herringbone azonic outlaw 135 26 wheelset funkier bike mens designer cycling power pure set 12070 17 continental sprinter gatorskin 700x22c black cheng shin c829 tire frontrear sugoi mens piston 200 short gortex countdown gt lady jacket maxxis exo 3c minion dhf carrie bicycle basket green nitto technomic long quill stem dt swiss rrc 32 rear onguard mastiff 5019l bicycle chain rixen kaul klickfix contour seatpost sram pg 1050 mtb cassette royal matrix short black lg santini gxt iron bib shorts bell sweep bike helmet redgunmetal craft womens pxc light pant craft active extreme windstopper base pacific outdoor equipment co op campagnolo record left ultra shift selle smp carbon saddle white saris guardian 3 bike trunk set of 2 hydraulic vehicle sram gxp 170mm 48t silver projekt fixie fixed gear bike ibex outdoor clothing mens indie pearl izumi pro lobster gloveblackxx mavic espoir bib short black giordana fusion jacket womens whitered

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น