วันศุกร์ที่ 12 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2555

I bought this Giro Sport Bike Helmet and I'm glad I did!In a perfect world, we would not have to wear bike helmets.

I bought this Giro Sport Bike Helmet and I'm glad I did!In a perfect world, we would not have to wear bike helmets. But when I started riding bikes again as an adult, I realized that bikes are not what they were 20 years ago. They are fast! Getting a helmet seems like a good idea, even for a weekend recreational cyclist.My criteria for a good bike helmet:1. Cheap - I don't want to spend a hundred bucks - I may get lazy and not ride that often.2. Able to protect my noggin - potentially save my life in a crash - which I hope I never get in.3. Comfortable enough that I forget I have it on after 5 minutes of riding.4. Doesn't make me look like a nerd.This Giro Sport Bike helmet delivers in the first three criteria. This helmet is very affordable, strong, and so comfortable I forget it is on once I start riding. As far as criteria number four, well, I guess three out of four ain't bad. Recieved it as scheduled, very comfortable, the chin straps aren't that bad after reading previous reviews about this helmet. The adjustable head gear makes it one of the best helmets I've ever own! I've bought 2 of these in the past 6 months for myself and my girlfriend, and while they look fine, the visor is quite poorly constructed. It's kept in place by 1 peg, which breaks at the slightest impact (dropped mine 2 feet on a pub crawl, her's came handily prebroken). Nothing some rubber cement can't fix I guess. Otherwise they fit nicely for the price and are pretty well ventilated. I wear mine about 10 hours a week. I love this helmet. I actually bought another Indicator almost 3 years ago when I started out riding, and last Fall I was commuting daily to my University about 3 miles away.First off, the fit feels good. It's snug, the snap-clip underneath your chin isn't scratchy or bothersome, and the ratchet in back holds well (and isn't cheap, like the Bell versions - just look at the two).The design provides some excellent airflow. A good sign for me was, when I still had short hair, I'd show up with a miniature "3-hawk" that had to be combed or watered down.More than that, this thing took a beating for me. A mother in a Ford Explorer cut me off one day in heavy traffic while I was going about 30 MPH. With less than 50' between the Explorer and myself, I hauled on the brakes, endo'd, rolled on the pavement, under the Explorer (she had stopped it by then), and then a trip to the Emergency room.My left wrist hurt like hell where I had braced myself against her car, I tore the anterior ligaments on my clavicle and my entire right arm dropped about 3-4mm, leaving me with a permanent bump - but my head came out clear as day and without the slightest dent. Looking back, I can see the scuff marks on the helmet itself and the point on the back where it hit the hardest, denting the foam about half an inch in.Now I'm back buying another. I got this in Alloy Silver. I really love how it looks. I bike during those hot southern summers and the vents are enough for my head to "breathe". The visor is also an added bonus for me. It helps with the afternoon/mid afternoon sun. Since buying it, I've become quite the fan of Giro helmets. I got one for my husband and I got the Me2 for my baby. Well shaped and light helmet. The adjusting dial in the back works very well. However I have 3 remarks about it:1) the printed decoration was not centered, set about 1/2 inch to the right, not a big issue but I expected better2) additional pads provided had the glue ruined, impossible to remove the back paper to install them,3) the adjusting straps get a little twisted in the side of my head, they are not comfortable.UPDATE: After using it several times, the negative comfort issue disappeared, to the point that I decided to get another Indicator helmet (the nice Livestrong version) for my son. The same problems again but now I know they will disappear soon. I purchased Giro indicator because I like the brand and this model has good reviews. I dismissed the complaints about the straps twisting against your face because I thought that the reviewers must be picky or adjusting them incorrectly. After receiving the helmet in the mail, I can confirm that the straps do in fact twist and lay at an irritating angle against your face. I am in the Marines and used to wearing kevlar helmets made by the lowest bidder so I would not consider myself picky about comfort. In my opinion, the build quality is also slightly less than my wife's Trek brand helmet which is similarly priced. Been using for a few weeks. Very well built, lots of attention to details. Straps under your chin should have some kind of support/padding to make it more comfortable: the nylon strap is constantly touching your chin/neck region (under your mouth) which can hurt if used for several hours. Extra adhesive padding patches provided should have a stronger adhesive tape attached to it, since it falls easily after being glued to the inside of the helmet to provide a better fit. The helmet fits my large nogging like a champ!!! It is a high quality helmet for the price. 4 stars because I did have to re-glue some of the pads. I spent half an hour at a local bike shop trying on different helmets. For some reason the size just didn't work right, and most of them were pretty expensive. I took a chance with this one and was pleasantly surprised. The fit was perfect. The design was perfect, and the price can't be beat!Update: I took away one star because the 2 side straps don't lay flush against your face. saris cycle on 2 bike schwalbe marathon mondial hs 428 bern baker knit hard hat mgp caliper cover atomlab pimp2 26 rear wheel sunlite child carrier baby seat mongoose 16 inch boys bike 2012 ritchey wcs 4 axis basil basonyl double bag 40l tacx flow multi player trainer squeeze folding bicycle nirve kilroy mens single speed challenge grifo cross tubular gore bike wear fusion windstopper profile design razor bottle system fisher price hot wheels lights aluminum fork mount roof bicycle torker unistar lx unicycle 24 louis garneau 201213 mens protect cygolite expilion 180 li ion mobo triton pro blue ultimate sram gxp 167 5mm 48t continental race king racesport tire silicon bicycle seat cover for roof rack cross bars without abus u mini 40 cheap swagman xp 3 bike standard dmr vault pedals red pure fix cycles echo fixed jollywear cycling skinsuit short sleeves performance ergon he2 long finger oakley factory pilot glove coyote arlen ness rad iii teardrop canari niagara waterproof jacket sapphire light and motion combo kit easton ec90 slx3 road handlebar finis swimp3 2g with x18 light and motion light motion alpinestars slc kevlar knee guard shimano dura ace di2 shiftbrake thule fit kit for 400xt sram s300 gxp 175mm 48t no rules fs20 boys freestyle canari cyclewear mens royalty jersey zoot womens ultra tri short sram red black braze on profile design armada 38 al nitto dynamic 26 0x80mm 72d sugoi womens midzero rc pro easton ea70 aero handlebar black shimano sh m162 mountain bike pearl izumi mens pro softshell primal wear womens lotus jersey profile design f 22 carbon louis garneau porcupine short mens 3x cree xml t6 led fox head mens race jersey abus locks u 64 mini titec pluto carbon 25 4 schwalbe marathon dureme tandem hs nitto noodle 177 42cm 26 cat eye bike computer strada dmr trailblade 2 rigid fork mens sperry billfish tan dark avenir 36h alloy double wall gran royale union flyer single craft womens storm tights sm primal wear mens countdown cycling rockshox revelation wc 2 position share the road sign cycling san marco caymano color white protaper se handlebar windhamrm mid abus steel o chain iven ergon gs2 leichtbau team bicycle truvativ x 9 bb30 2 magturbo trainer gore mens power ii jersey rockshox domain rc coil 180 mks ar 2 ezy road aosom 17b mag indoor bicycle skyway tuff ii cb rear new micargi 26 ladies bike rockshox remote upgrade kit 2013 salsa cowbell 2 handlebar 31 diamondback 2013 kids micro viper scarab winter glove f blk abus granite extreme plus 59 rock shox revel wc mtb innovations campione pv floor pump 2009 lazer 02 oxygen rd sram i motion 3 32h powertap powercal with heart rate assos unisex legprotectors s7 nashbar 360 workstand thule 4502 crossroad railing roof huffy braemar mens 26 wheels castelli 201112 mens leggero cycling cycling bicycle bike comfortable outdoor us games 60in cageball cover 2xu unisex adult recovery compression

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น