วันศุกร์ที่ 12 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Like a lot of urban riders I sometimes need a car to get to a safe place to ride my bike.

Like a lot of urban riders I sometimes need a car to get to a safe place to ride my bike. I had looked at many bike racks and was either shocked by the price or intimidated by the installation. This bike rack solved both problems. It sets up quickly (it is almost deceptively easy to set up) and works a treat. I haven't had any problems with scratching, etc.I'll admit that I haven't taken the rack on the highway, but for getting around town and to the bike paths, this rack is wonderful. Great at carrying 2 bikes. Only wish it didn't cover up license plate on 2002 civic. Bikes secure easily to bracket, I also use a bungee cord at the bottom of the bikes to add to their stability. Installed bike rack and bike on a 1995 Toyota Tercel in about 15 minutes. Drove on the highway and on bumpy rural roads without a problem. Well designed and the price was right. Should have bought this a long time ago. This product works great for the price. The box has fitting sheet, but it only goes up to 2010 model cars. I was scared if it fits my car, but fortunately it did. My car is kind of bubbly in the end, so bikes sit diagonally.As one person's review I read after the purchase, the bars are far apart. That makes the system more sturdy, but also it makes it harder for smaller bikes to fit. My bike is not small by all means (I am 5'7"), but I emailed the company (five starts on quick reply) about not being able to fit it on the rack. They gave me links to youtube videos; one to show me how to put my bike without a tension bar and the other to show me how to put a tension bar if I own one.I have been using the rack without a tension bar for a while, but because I don't have a cross bar that is parallel to the ground and I use a diagonal body part onto the rack, it started pinching my gear/brake cables. After a while I started noticing my gear shift acting badly (slipping to next gear when going over a bump, etc.). So now I know I will need to get tension bars.Each tension bar costs about $15. I need two. That raises the price of this rack by $30. Had I known that, I could have purchased lower end racks of Thule. But then, I may have had to buy a tension bar for Thule anyway...I am happy with the product now that I am comfortable using it, but I had to contemplate for a while.It's your choice! A quality product for an affordable price. Glad that it can fit most cars. I would recommend this item to anyone. I was pretty intimidated when it came out of the box. But I quickly figured out how to put it on my Mazda 3, no problem. I fly down the high way with this and my huge heavy beach cruiser and everything is fabulous. this is a great bike rack ...very well made goes on in a flash ..then folds up after use...super price and fast ship...holds two bikes no problem I purchased this rack when my family had two sedans (Subaru Impreza sedan and Honda Civic). Then, I replaced the Civic with a Honda Fit, which is a hatchback, and after trying quite extensively, could not get it to safely attach to the new Fit. Therefore, we've continued to use it on the Subaru Impreza, until we had to get rid of that car as well (we decided that we no longer need two vehicles). Therefore, we're now in the market for a new rack. So my conclusion is that this rack is appropriate -- relatively lightweight and easy to use -- if you drive some sort of sedan. But if you have a hatchback or an SUV, it is not a good choice. I am very pleased with this bike rack. It fit my Hyundai sedan perfectly, and is easy to put on the car and remove. And most reasonably priced! I had a hard time getting the stiff braces to go into the holes on each side of the frame, but finally, after muscle-ing it, I got the braces in place. I have a 2006 Honda Civic LX Coupe and it is as though this carrier was made specifically for my car!! The upper rubber feet miss the factory spoiler by about 1" and the lower rubber feet rest on the indent below the license plate. The lower strap can go under the lower trunk lid, rather than under the bumper, which is not steel, so it is very flimsy. I could rig up something to link the lower strap to the tow hook under the bumper, but I will try hooking strap under the trunk lid to see how that works. Most of the weight rests on the lower rubber feet. I have not placed the bike on the rack yet, as I have stuff I have to do tonight and will experiment tomorrow morning.... Between the heat after 10am and the rain in the afternoon here in South Florida, I have to choose the best time of the day to ride my bike, around 7-8am. More later... tommaso augusta track frame black gore bike wear mens power mini front child seat craft performance bike stretch jacket dunlop elite 3 touring front cycra probend bar pack mount airflow pink princess junior trike yakima boa fork mount short saddle slr teknologika flow shimano pd m545 spd pedals speedfil a2 hydration system street flyers spongebob bicycle blueyellow primal wear old fart cycling cycleops indoor bicycle trainer carrying kawasaki mono boys 16 inch trail tech vector computer kit bell variant bicycle mountain helmet hincapie sportswear 2012 bmc team pearl izumi canyon short medium sram gxp 167 5mm 48t sram x5 10 speed rear sram gxp 172 5mm 46 aussie crash test dummy jersey brooks b 17 standard saddle pearl izumi mens versa short light and motion taz 1200 source spinner pro race hydration diamondback 2013 insight 2 performance ergon he2 cycling gloves large stans no tubes downhill tubesless reelight rl770 light set friction 2010 orbea carbon fiber threadless sram force brake caliper set sram force medium cage wifli 2 bike hitch mount tire castelli tenerissimo 2 womens tights gore bike wear mens contest smart gear smart balance bike diamondback mens 2012 wildwood citi wheel front 26 x 1 wheel front 26 x 1 bikestar 40 6cm 16 inch genuine volvo oem fork mounted mavic 2012 tri race mens yakima highlite 3 bike hitch skins mens team usa jersey talon 1k intergrated compact road zipp 101 front wheel beyond thule fit kit for 400xt wetsuit jacket 2mm mens blk mks urban platform pedals 1 hincapie sportswear incite jersey long torker unistar cx unicycle 24 highland 1375100 sportwing hitch mounted oakley factory road mens road fox v1 undertow youth mxoffroad giro 2012 womens solara road shinko 705 series dual sport gore bike wear womens countdown pure fix cycles juliet fixed tektro r530 dual pivot caliper u s divers diva 1 copilot limo child seat ws vittoria cross evo xg tire gore bike wear mens power hutchinson python xc tubeless light pedal force cx2 f 1 nutcase pacific blue metallic matte sugoi firewall 220 pantblacklarge thule 839 get a grip ritchey biomax 42cm 31 8 paul thumbies shift converters shimano keen mens austin pedal cycling track fixie road bike frame shimano dura ace fd 7900 jaguar power sports retro style gore mens power thermo bibtights avid elixir 7 front disc cycling bicycle bike comfortable outdoor blackburn san quentin bicycle u castelli prologo hd sleeveless jersey kawasaki kdx1 26 inch dual brooks slender leather grips mandarine gore womens phantom so jacket all city twin six o kettler kettrike kalista trike feedback sports portable event storage shimano fc 2300 crankset 175 fsa sl k 31 6x350mm sturmey archer s2 kick shift pro lite san vito carbon louis garneau mondo evo short pearl izumi launch short medium oakley factory pilot gloves black cycleops al roller indoor bicycle burley bicycle trailer jogger stroller adrenaline promotions tcu cycling jerseylarge blackburn flea usb combo bike sram og 1090 11 23

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น