วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 11 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2555

I bought this for street riding. The he

I bought this for street riding. The helmet keeps my head well ventilated in the heat of the summer. The visor works well to keep the sun out of my eyes. The helmet did just what it was supposed to do when I was hit by a car 2 months ago and the helmet kept me from sustaining a head injury. I remember when I hit the ground my head hit hard and the helmet while skuffed up was still in pretty good shape. It's a bit uncomfortable unless you put in the additional pads, especially in the back of the helmet.The strap on the side that goes under your ear doesn't sit quite flush on your face unless you make a bit more loose than it should be.Overall a great value, and a suitable helmet. This Giro helmet is well endowed, extremely light - which does not bother you while you ride a bike. Its structure is well built, making it ventilated to the head. Adding all said before, it has also got a colour combination that's beautiful. Unfortunately, the inside of this helmet is not so padded as it should be, which would make it more comfortable. This is a very comfortable helmet, I ride up to 75 miles a week and this helmet offer many adjust for a comfortable safe ride. I got the Giro Indicator as I've just gotten into biking again. I ride a '73 Schwinn Varsity that my GF picked up for me at a yard sale. The bike's worth MAYBE $50, so dumping $100+ on a helmet seemed a bit absurd to me.I bought this product after reading a number of reviews on Amazon and a few bike-supply stores alike. I noted the semi-regular comments about the helmet chin straps being uncomfortable. While the brace that connects the V strap around the ear to the chin strap is at an odd angle (and it does beg the question, who in the QC process didn't notice this?!), I found it pretty easy to adjust it to fit my facial structure. If the brace was turned 90 degrees, it would help, but it's still a ton more comfortable than the helmets knocked off the assembly lines 20 years ago when I was a kid.The adjusting dial in the back of the helmet seems really effective. A couple quick tweaks and this thing fit like a charm (and that's without the added pads included with the helmet). I can't remember if other reviews mentioned whether or not theirs came with the visor pictured, but mine did. And it works. Not sure how this helmet does in a crash situation , but from what I've seen, I'd definitely buy this product again. Probably the the most important feature other than the actual eventual product test is actually having it on when the fateful event occurs. Therefore features like comfort and the little nuisance factors are kind of important. I found this helmet to have a lite feel and to adjust easily. This is especially important this time of year when weather warrants wearing a wooly cap when you head out in the morning but not on your way home in the afternoon. In other words, the effective size of your head changes a couple of times each day. You can pop this helmet on and re-adjust both side straps and back knob in ~20 seconds. Although I do agree with previous reviewers, that it would be nice if they could make the straps lay perfectly flat to the face, I really didn't notice this much while wearing it. In fact, it was comfortable enough, for the most part, that you forget you have it on. The air vents work well. So for the price I'm quite satisfied. I gave it only 4 stars cause of the strap angle but really, while not wanting to give out perfect scores I wouldn't necessarily subtract a whole star for this. Other little things like not being able to peel the stick-em off the sizing pads and having to use a little adhesive on some of the inside trim lining, helped me feel a little better about giving only 4 stars. The straps are a little strange at first but after a while I got used to it. It's a great helmet and it fits great! I had a crash with this helmet on. Side impact with ground - left temple area. Got a good concussion with memory loss, requiring ER visit and CT Scan. No headaches, scratches or other external head injuries.Bicycle helmets are not designed to prevent you from getting a concussion, only from getting dead. So I guess it did its job well enough, maybe. Can't be sure if it prevented anything other than superficial scrapes or a massive TBI, so that's why I'm not giving it 5 stars.I am buying another one (exact replacement) from Amazon again.Giro does have a crash replacement / credit program, but it takes a while and you have to pay for shipping the helmet back to them. Also, I need the helmet soon (waiting for broken elbow to heal enough) and it's only $30 or so anyway. If I has a $200 helmet I would probably go through the Giro program.I like cheap helmets. That way I replace them every 3-5 years and whenever I crash (my first time for that) instead of thinking I can't throw it out because it is too expensive. There is no data available ranking relative crashworthyness of helmets, only if they pass the federal tests or not. Without that relative information, I'll stick with a cheaper helmet that passes.Indications are that the rounder and smoother the helmet, the better. Those funny-looking aero helmets (exaggerated teardrop shape) are almost worse than no helmet at all because the tail of the teardrop can get caught on things or pushed around on contact so that it wrenches your neck very badly. Smoother surfaces are better because they slide on the ground, rather than grabbing the ground in a big hurry. I just recently bought this helmet because I was looking for a more comforable one. As it turns out it is much more comfortable and it saved my life as well. I ride a little bit of everything just for fun: trails, streets, dirt roads, etc. Today, I was riding a dirt path that had some decently steep hills on it and when I was coming down the final hill I made one mistake, lost my line, and was sent into a large rock. The ensuing crash bent my front wheel in half, bent my handle bars, and would have broke my head open if I wasn't wearing this helmet. While the front wheel and handle bars took the punishment on the bike, my head and hip took it for my body. It happened in slow motion and I hit my head so hard I remember thinking as I was tumbling to a stop, "Wow, I didn't die...thank you God!" When I took off my helmet, it had a dent about the size of a gold ball where my head hit a rock and cracks to the styrofoam mold. So I ruined the helmet and I am limping, but I am alive. I was never a big helmet guy because I complained they were uncomfortable during my rides. If you have the same complaint, buy a Giro Indicator, this one is very comfortable and a life saver. I won't ride without one again. I am on here now to buy a new one before I go buy new parts for my bike. I love the helmet. Light, plenty of air. But the front shield was loose when I received it and not it doesn't stay on right. I might glue it, or even send it back. I'm not sure. But the helmet is awesome if it works right. mavic ventoux jersey short sleeve gran compe fixed rear bicycle velo orange mod 5 tour sun 3 speed coaster brake maxxis ardent tire 29in m315p shimano xtr fd m981 10 brooks saddles imperial b68 bicycle firstbike cross kids balance bike moving comfort helena red pink azonic barretta stem 25 4 park tool prs 4w deluxe wishbone bike red 3in1 mavic 2012 ksyrium slr clincher torker unistar cs unicycle 16 shimano saint sl m810 9 salsa frame bag for mukluk bob ibex 28 plus suspension lazer o2 xc helmet with rhino rack cap topper track blackburn tech fluid trainer tahoe 220100137 hitch mounted bed piranha girls melody bike aquawhite crank brothers kronolog seatpost red maxxis high roller ii 2ply sun classic unicycle 16 chrome sram x 9 gxp spider shimano sh m087 mountain bike sunlite qrs commuter xp trunk thomson elite 25 4 bicycle salsa frame bag for spearfish ritchey wcs z max evolution wild 1 chubbys dresser bar shimano sm rt97m 180mm centerlock kcnc ti pro lite 8000 kokopelli team cycling jersey sizing neutech the tubliss core 21 2006 mavic free hub body continental baron tire 26 x sixsixone defender 2 5 camber kmc x10sl dlc bicycle chain capo pursuit wind vest mens stans no tubes ztr 26 micro beer jerseys ladies green kryptonite new york 3000 mc louis garneau superleggera helmet silverwhite truvativ crank 10 speed chainring nashbar headset press thule prologue bike mount one diamondback 2013 boys insight performance sram road bike pg 1070 michelin pilot road 2 rear niterider minewt lithium ion battery vittoria pista evo cs tire nashbar double butted aluminum road sidi 2012 t3 carbon mens capo sc 12 bib shorts shimano 2013 womens road cycling put the fun between your mavic 2012 pro mens road terry 2012 womens coaster cycling gore bike wear mens oxygen polaris ranger mens dual suspension louis garneau factory jersey short aosom elite ii 2in1 double booyah large dog pet bike park tool campy power torque polar cs500 limited edition tour nokian hakka wxc300 folding studded k edge cross chain catcher insight weapon light on aa thule vertex swing away bike burley 948208 d lite trailer wtb dual duty 89 speed morgan cycle morgan retro 14 ravx xro carbon road bicycle wheel master weinmann lp18 rear bicycle dynamo usb charger kit sta tru silver alloy road lupine lighting betty 6 22 truvativ stylo t40 seatpost 25mm pearl izumi launch kicker short hollandia new oma 20 bicycle abus bordo 6000 key 75cm dt swiss proline soldering wire gore bike wear 201213 womens mavic cloud short size s phil wood high flange rear fizik kurve bull saddle for minoura ds 170 bike stand campagnolo 02 05 eurus mini gearup platinum floor to ceiling wild 1 chubbys 12 5 raceface next sl 31 8mm saucony womens tri suit pink cycling jacket windbreaker big sizes abus bordo key 6000 sigma bc1606l cadence dts double titan glacier dual suspension all schwalbe nobby nic ss tlr michelin pilot road 3 rear

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น